Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Steampunk Flash Drive

Steampunk Flash Drive by Patricia Krauchune 
 MAKIN'S® IN A FLASH!

 For my June Makin's Clay® project, I decided to cover a flash drive with clay in a Steampunk motif. 

Supply List: 

Makin's Clay® Black 


Bead Caps 


FolkArt® Metallic Antique Copper 
Flash Drive 
Kemper 1/4" Circle Punch 
DecoArt® Splendid Gold 
Gears 
Copper Wire 
FolkArt® Solid Bronze 
Letter Stamps 
Krazy Glue® 
Diamond Glaze™ 
Watch Stems 
FolkArt® Brushed Pearl Gold 
Beacon™ Fast Finish Decoupage 

Recommended Makin’s Professional® Tools: 

Cutting Mat 


Ultimate Clay Machine® 
Professional Clay Tools: Fine Point 
Instructions:

Here are the parts I used, yours may differ depending on what you have available. 
Roll out some Black Makin's Clay® on the #1 setting on the Ultimate Clay Machine®.


Wrap the clay around the main body of the flash drive.  I added some texture by rolling the handle of the Makin's Professional® Tool over the fresh clay. 


Punch out (4) circles using the Kemper 1/4" circle punch.  I bent two pieces of copper wire into an arch, then slipped a bead cap on each end. Push each end of the wire into one of the clay circles then attach to the side of the flash drive. Repeat for the other side.


Here's how it looks so far. Using the letter stamps, I spelled out "FLASH" and stamped the word into the back side of the flash drive. 


The next steps all depend on what you have available for parts.  On the opposite side of the flash drive, I attached some gears and used a watch stem to hold in place. I added a dab of Krazy Glue® to assure a bond. On the side with the word "FLASH", I made a "steam pipe" from some copper wire and glued it in place. 



Now the cap of the flash drive needed to be covered in clay.  I added a gear on both sides of the cap. I also added a coil I made from copper wire to the top of the cap.


This is what my flash drive looked like before painting. 


You can paint your flash drive in the Steampunk colors of your choice.  I named the paints I used in the above supply list. I also added a little Diamond Glaze™ into the gear slots for a secure adhesion. The finished drive was then coated with Beacon™ Fast Finish Decoupage. 

So there you have it, a Steampunk Flash Drive made possible with Makin's Clay®, the No Bake Clay®!

See you soon.  



No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *