Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Makin's Clay® Groovy Flower Earrings

Whenever I’m working with Makin’s Clay® and have leftover clay after I finish my project, I either use that clay with a Makin’s Brand® push mold to make flowers or other pieces for use later, or I roll it to at least a #7 setting on my Makin’s Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine (I roll some to a #8, some to a #9 - so I will have random thicknesses to work with) and let it dry to be die cut or punched for later use.    I love having a stash of pre-prepared Makin’s Clay® goodies ready for use for projects at any time. - Cindi

Materials: 

Makin’s Clay® - Natural 
Makin’s Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine 
Flower punch 
Small hole punch 
Beacon Adhesives 527 Multi-Use Glue
Connie Crystal - 8 yellow, 4 green crystals
Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents by Ann Butler Designs - Sunshine, Limelight, Tangelo, Lilac, Berry




Instructions: 

Punch out several (at least 6) flowers from sheet of dry Makin’s Clay® (any light color - Natural clay rolled to a #7 for these flowers). 

Place onto scrap paper, use fingers to apply Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents by Ann Butler Designs randomly onto front and back of each flower.  I wanted to achieve a bit of a “tie dyed” effect so I let my shades overlap and blend into each other somewhat.  Let dry. 

Punch small hole in end of one petal of each flower.  Add silver jump ring. 

Use Beacon Adhesives 527 Multi-Purpose Glue to add a yellow or green Connie Crystal to the center of each side of each flower.  Let dry. 

Cut two pieces of three links from silver chain.   Add one flower to each link.  Add silver french wires.  

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *