Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Butterfly Polymer Trading Coins


Butterfly Polymer Trading Coins by Bea Grob
Let's make some Artist Trading Coins from Makin's Clay®.  It is all the rage right now, the Artist Trading Coins, so I jumped on the band wagon and made my own version of Trading Coins.

Materials:

Makin's Clay® - Concord Blue, Olive, White 
Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® 
2 1/4" Round circle cutter 
Script rubber stamp, butterfly rubber stamp 
Butterfly die and die cutting machine 
Embossing ink
Embossing powder (pink)
Makin's® Leaves Push Mold 
Kraft colored cardstock 
Tacky glue 
Faux rhinestones 

Instructions:

I started off with some Concord Blue Makin's Clay® which I ran through the Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® on the setting #4.

I put the sheet on a tile and then added some script with a rubber stamp, by pressing it into the clay.

Next I used a 2 1/4” circle cutter to make some round shapes from the printed sheet.


Next, I ran some white clay starting at setting #1 and progressing through setting #9, the thinnest setting. Again I placed it onto a tile and then I dusted the whole sheet with some cornstarch.

 My next step was to add some stamping with embossing ink.


 Next I sprinkled some red embossing powder onto my butterflies.

And yes, you can heat set it with the heat gun. Just make sure that you aren't to close to the clay and that you move the heat gun around all the time. And a nice side effect it does try your clay at the same time, especially because we have the thinnest sheet possible.

Did you know that you can die cut Makin's Clay® when it is dry? As you can see here when you go thin you can use your die cut for making embellishments.



I also made some leaves with the leaves push mold. I simply pressed in some green clay, which I have previously mixed using some olive and white clay.

Next I sanded the blue base for the coins with a simple nailfile, just to make sure that I have a nice and smooth edge.

 

To jazz it up a bit I used some gold colored wax paste and rubbed it just on the top of the coin.


Now comes the fun part, putting all together. I had my coins made with craft colored cardstock (the size of those is 2.5 inch, which is the size a trading coin is usually) , my blue/gold circles from Makin's Clay®, my butterflies and my leaves. I have also grabbed some bling in form of rhinestones.

I used tacky glue to assemble everything together.


I hope you give them a try too, I think they are pretty cute. 
Until next time.

Bea

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *