Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Flowers & Angel Altered Bottle


Altered Bottle by Steph Ackerman
Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with an altered bottle.  I picked up this bottle from my local dollar store knowing that it would be fun to alter.

Supplies:

Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Beacon Adhesives - Tacky Glue
Prima Mold, Paints, Flowers
Rinea Foiled Papers
Spellbinders die

Instructions:
Condition white clay then wrap it around a glass bottle.  As you force the clay around the bottle, allow some texture to form - don't look for a smooth finish.  This adds some nice character to the finished project.  Allow to set before continuing.  Since I wasn't sure what I was going to do, I put it aside for about 2 weeks.  When I picked it up again, I had this fun dimension.                                                                                                      
I pulled out Prima acrylic paints and began by painting it with Red Gold.

Next, I painted over it with Gold paint.

 

Finally, I added some touches of Blue paint.  Then I used a baby wipe to remove some of the colors creating a patina effect.
I created the winged angel using white clay with a Prima mold.  After letting it dry for several hours, I painted it with Red Gold and Gold acrylic paints.  Then I used a baby wipe to blend in touches of Blue acrylic paint.


To finish, I adhered the angel to the bottle with Beacon Tacky Glue then surrounded it with flowers.

I dry painted some Red and Gold paints to give the flowers a touch of color.  Using Spellbinders dies, I die cut Rinea Foiled Paper and added some leaves around the flowers.

A little bird was created with white clay and then painted with Gold and Blue acrylic paints before adding it amongst the flowers.

Finally, I painted the stopper with Blue acrylic paint since I'm not yet sure what I'm putting in the bottle and I wanted it to be complete.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph




No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *