Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2016

Floral Clips by Erin Reed

Floral Clips
Designed by Erin Reed

I have loved the look of the little paperclips with the embellishments on the end, so when I got my box of goodies from Makin’s Clay®, I had to make a set, but what to make?!? - FLOWERS!!!  But not just any flowers, colorful ones that had a pretty shine and on some fun shaped clips!!

Materials:


Makin’s Clay® in White and Multi Neon
Glaze - Tattered Angels
Paint - Craftsmart
Clips - 7 Gypsies & Maya Road & Other

Beacon® 3-in-1 Adhesive


Instructions:

The first thing I did was to blend my clay using the Multi Neon pack of Makin’s Clay® colors and I played blending every shade using the Makin’s® Clay Mixing Ruler™ blending even amount of colors from well E. See the pictures and video below.  You can also use the mixing instructions included with the Clay Mixing Ruler™ to mix a variety of shades of Makin's Clay®.  


The next step was to make the shapes, so I used the Makin’s® Floral Push Mold and made various flowers with the clay colors I made above.  See pictures and video below.



Now for the last set of steps, turning these amazing air dry, no bake clay flowers (I let mine dry over night) into cute little clips, but first let paint them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in various colors such as Icicle, Waterfall, Wicked, Plumeria, and Desert Sun to make them all shiny and pretty!! 





Next, I glued the various shapes of clips to the back using Beacon® 3-in-1 Adhesive.









I wanted make sure the clip was a bit more secure, so I colored a section of white Makin’s Clay® with a drop of yellow acrylic paint, rolled it out into a flat sheet with the Makin’s Professional® Clay Tools - Roller , and then cut out circles with the Makins® Clay Cutters - Round 3 pc.




I then glued the clay discs on to the back of the floral clips and then painted them with the yellow glaze to match the front side.  Let them dry over night to get nice and hard and you have some super cute floral paperclips.


I think my favorite are the yellow ones with the yellow glaze - they just really shine!!


The possibilities are endless for these fun clips, use them on a planner, card, mini book, tag, scrapbook page, and more!!  Now what am I going to use these fun little clips on - maybe a mini book!!  


4 comments:

Pat Krauchune said...

Cute.

Erin Reed said...

ty!!

Unknown said...

Super cute. Love the shine!

Cindi McGee said...

A neat idea - would be a great gift for a teacher or someone who works in an office!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *