Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Songbird & Hearts Pendant By Patricia Krauchune



SONGBIRD AND HEARTS PENDANT 
Designed by Patricia Krauchune

WHO DOESN'T LIKE LEFTOVERS?  One of the things I love about Makin's Clay® is that there is no waste. After each project I made, I put all the dried scrap pieces in a drawer. I decided to see what I could create with the scrap!

Supply List:

Leftover pieces of dried Makin's Clay®
Martha Stewart Crafts™ Metallic Acrylic Paint, Brushed Pewter
Krylon 18K Gold Leafing Pen

Bale
Black Sharpie®

Beacon™ 527 Multi-use Glue
Heart Hand Punch
Glossy Accents

B-Line Designs LLC Caleb's Letter Stamp
Krazy® Glue Americana Triple Thick Glaze™
Stazon® Black Ink

Instructions:


Here are two little drawers where I have been saving all the scraps from my projects of the past nine months. Let's see what I can create with them.






This piece was left from a die cut I used in the past. I used an oval cutter to trace around the bird cut out with a pencil. 

Trim around bird then sand edges till smooth. 



I used a heart shaped tin I had and traced around it onto some textured black clay. Cut out and sand edges.


Paint the heart shape with the Brushed Pewter paint. 




Use the Krylon Leafing pen to color the bird cut out. When the heart and the bird cut out are dry, stamp both pieces with a letter stamp with Stazon® Ink. 

Cut an oval from some red clay and using Krazy® Glue, attach to back of bird cut out. 

Next, use the Krazy® Glue to attach the bird cut out to the heart. 



Add Glossy AccentsTM to the bird cut out. Let dry overnight. Using the heart hand punch, punch several hearts from some pink and red clay. 






Attach bale to the back of the heart with Beacon's™ Multi-Use Glue. Then using Krazy® Glue attach

the mini hearts to the back. I used a black Sharpie® to trim edges of the bird cut out. I brushed a coat of Americana Triple Thick Glaze™ to seal the heart.

Finished! See what you can create with leftovers. And that my friends is just one of the many reasons I love Makin's Clay®.


page1image10000 page1image10160 

1 comment:

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful - great way to use scraps.

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *