Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Steampunk Unhinged Heart Pendant

Steampunk Unhinged Heart Pendant by Patricia Krauchune 
I decided that for this year on the Design Team, I am doing a year of hearts. So here is my Unhinged Heart to start off the new year…can you feel the beat?

Supply list:

  • Black Makin’s Clay®   
  • Makin’s® Texture Sheet: Diamond Tread from Set A    
  • 2 Gears / Small Hinge / 3 Eyelets / 3 Brads / 6 Nails    
  • Copper Wire  
  • Small Compass  
  • Art© Wax in Silver, Gold, Copper
Instructions:

Form a rough heart shape from some Black Makin’s Clay® and place it over the Diamond Tread Texture Sheet.  Cut the heart in half, then insert the small hinge to connect the two pieces.


Next, I added 2 gears to the top half of the heart and a bale I formed from the copper wire. I also added a small screw below the gears.
To the bottom half of the heart, I added a mini compass, 3 eyelets with brads in the middle and 6 small nails to the side. I then poked some holes with an awl to give the front surface more texture.
Let dry overnight.

The heart was then colored with Art© waxes in Silver, Gold and Copper. Add bead chain and closure. 

There you have it, a hinged steampunk heart.

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *