Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Altered Kitchen Memo Board







Altered Kitchen Memo board

Lately we remodeled our kitchen and the old Memo board didn't fit any longer. I knew I had to make something better, while at the thrift store I found this rather plain magnetic board and I taught I gonna turn into my new Kitchen Memo board

Supplies
Makin's Clay® about 120 g, also leftovers in any color.
Acrylic Paint in the color of your choice. I had one plain in lime green and one metallic in a more teal tint.
Gesso
A frame or Memo board
Silicon Mold by Prima from Iron Orchid Design Collection
Makin's Clay® Floral Push Mold SKU 39005

So out with some Makin's Clay®. I didn't care about the color, as I knew I gonna paint everything. 

The first step was to sand down the paint and add a light coat of Gesso. This helps to have the Makin's Clay® and the paint stick better to the frame.


I did use up some leftovers clay and some red clay, but the color really doesn't matter. I did fill up the Silicone mold

I did carefully pull out the molded patterns by bending rather the silicone then the Makin's Clay®


While the clay is still fresh I did bend the embellishments around the frame. That is one thing I love about Makin's Clay® you don't need to bake it. The frame is quite large and certainly doesn't fit into an oven. 

The focal embellishment at the top I did double up, first the large embellishment again bending around the frame and then adding the angel. I did press them carefully together and have added just a tiny drop of water before layering. 
Image 6




Here I have placed all the elements from the Prima Silicone form, now I'm ready for the Makin's Clay® Floral Push Mold.


I did fill in the 3 different sizes of Roses and a leave shape 




as you can see it needs quite a bit of them as the frame is about 18 x 22 “ (or 46 x 5 cm). I did add the flowers and leaves step by step, just to make sure that the clay is still fresh when I want to bend it around the frame. Then I did let it dry overnight. I came the next morning and did check which pieces needed some additional glue (I did use Tacky Glue) but a big portion just sticked by themselves to the frame.



Next I went over with a heavier coat of Gesso, I did even paint the fabric inside the frame this time



Now it is time to apply the paint, I didn't cover up completely the Gesso, in fact in some places I even wiped back some of the paint with a wet towel.




Again I had to let it try completely before I could add some Rub on wax in gold. I simply applied it with the finger to the raised area of the embellishments, I also did add some to the frame itself.





Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *