|Holiday Tag/Ornament by Donna Budzynski|
This month Makin's Clay® challenged it's Design Team members to select a Pin from our Tutorials & Techniques Board or our Polymer Clay Inspiration Projects Board and create a project using Makin's Clay® based upon the chosen pin. Our goal was not to have our designers simply copy of the projects, yet be inspired to perhaps try a new technique, or create a project style they might not normally have considered.
Hi everyone, Donna here. I was inspired by our own team member! She had created a wonderful Poppy necklace using Diamond Glaze™ and food coloring. I just loved the effect if had given. So I thought I would give it a try, except I did not have any food coloring! I also did not have the same ink she used. But I had a let’s try attitude! So here is how I did it!
· Media Fluid Acrylic Paint
· Black Archival Ink – Ranger
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
· Small Paintbrush
· Misc. Plastic or Paper Plate (to mix paint and glaze)
· Stamp of choice
1. Roll clay out to desired thickness (I rolled mine to about 1/8") and cut an oval using the largest oval for the Oval Clay Cutters set. Let dry for just a bit.
1. Stamp your image into the clay using permanent ink. Poke hole into the clay for ribbon or jump ring. (This can be done while clay is still fresh, or since Makin's Clay® stays flexible when dry, you can use a small hole punch to make your hole after your tag is dry). Let dry.
1. Mix the Diamond Glaze™ and just a drop of Fluid Acrylic together and paint onto image. Let dry. Add ribbon.