Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2016

Autumn Leaf Baby

Autumn Leaf Baby by Patricia Krauchune

The leaves are starting to fall.  I was looking under one of my trees and there it was...an acorn baby wrapped in swaddling leaves. So come with me and I will show you how to make your own acorn baby.

Supply List:

Makin's Clay®: White/Grape Leaf/Merlot/Peach/Green
Pin Back
Beacon™ Tacky Glue, 527 Adhesive
Small plastic baby doll
Alumilite® Amazing Mold Putty
DecoArt® Americana® Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic paint: Flesh/Yellow/Pink/Blue/Brown


Recommended Makin’s® Tools:

Makin's® Push Mold:Leaves/ Christmas Nature Mold
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat

Instructions: 

Partially blend some Grape Leaf and Peach Makin's Clay® and push into the smaller leaf of the leaves push mold.

I then blended Merlot and Green clay and pushed into three of the larger leaves of the leaves push mold. I was not sure which leaves I would use, so I made three and decided later which ones I would use.

Mix equal parts of Sample A and Sample B of Amazing Mold Putty and mix until uniform in color. Form a ball and push over the face of a small plastic baby doll.  Let cure about 30 minutes then remove the face image from the silicone mold.


I pushed some White clay in the acorn figure which is part of the Christmas Nature push mold. Then using Beacon™ Tacky Glue I attached the face to the acorn figure. ( I trimmed the acorn cap to fit the size of the baby doll's head.)


I decided on the largest leaf,  turned it over and using Beacon™ 527 Adhesive, attached the pin back to the leaf back.  When the glue dried I covered the pin back with a small piece of leftover clay using the Tacky Glue to secure.
The baby's face was painted flesh color, yellow hair, blue eyes and pink lips...but hey, it's your baby to make up as you please.  The acorn cap was painted brown. When the paint is dry, glue your baby to leaf with Tacky Glue.

I then used a smaller leaf and covered the baby...babies do need to be kept warm.  The leaf was attached with the 527 Adhesive. You can leave the pin as is, but I coated it with Americana® Triple Thick Gloss Glaze.


  



Finito...make sure whenever you are under a tree to look for a leaf baby...they are only out in the Fall!

 

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *