Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Organic Poison Bottle with Makin's Clay®



Organic Poison Bottle by Carole Monahan 

I love Halloween - I always have!
I’m still delighted by glow in the dark things and I giggle every time the lights go out!
What can I say----- I’m easily amused!

Materials:

Makin'sClay® - Glow in the Dark (hehehehe - spooky laughter....)
And, I mixed Brown and a little White and touch of Yellow to get an old parchment color.
A small skull to mold - I’m sure you have one in your closet with the rest of your skeletons
Impressive Putty (and yes IT IS impressive)
Acrylic paints in black or a black dark green mix
Pan pastels in brown tones or chalk pastels
Beacon™Tacky Glue

Tools:

Makin's Professional® 

  • Ultimate Clay Machine™
  • Tool Kit
Letter stamps

Cookie cutter to fit molded object

Instructions: 

You can take a store bought tiny skull and mold it with one part RE-USABLE, yup I said
RE-USEABLE, Impressive Putty!  Just follow the VERY easy instructions on the putty.
My little trick is to use a cookie cutter when making the mold. As you can see, I removed the molded item after the putty cured and I sliced it to make it even easier to remove it and then  press your clay BACK into the cookie cutter as you mold your new item and let it cure and remove it from the cookie cutter exposing the slice to remove with ease.
I see a video coming of this part!

Make your mold 

The molded clay shows great details.  This is where you can add your glow in the dark clay. I only did the eyes BUT the entire skull would be AWESOME! I highlighted the details with 
watered down acrylic paints. Apply the paint and wipe off excess quickly with a paper towel.

The cross bones are easy to sculpt just a ball on the end and indent them with the Sculpt tool. Age the cross bones with paint to match the skull.

Add shading to your skull & make your bones
Now for your aged label - I combined mostly white some brown and little bit of yellow clay to get this old parchment color. I rolled it out on the Ultimate Clay Machine™, starting at setting #1, then #2, and ending on #3.  I then tore the edges to get that rough look.

Make sure at this point your label and skull are the right size for your bottle of choice!  Use
alphabet stamps to stamp out the words of your choice while the clay is still fresh.
Let the clay cure a little a couple of hours before you age it.

Make your faux parchment label
After the label is dry to the touch you can then use the same watered down paint technique that you used on the skull on the parchment label.

For the dirty aged torn edges I used several shades of Pan Pastels applied with my fingers.

I added the parchment colored clay to make a big cork top and highlighted it with Pan Pastels to look like cork.

Mount your bones & skull
Make a stopper
Now let everything cure over night before attaching the label and then the skull with
Beacon’s Tacky Glue.
                                                    
Creepy poison bottle - with glow in the dark eyes!
Now get ready to ADD this to your Halloween Bottle collection!
WHAT …. You say you don’t have a Halloween Bottle Collection? WELL here is a great place to start!

For more info on Impressive Putty click here

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *