Designed by Donna Budzynski
I designed these with the help of my grandkids. They wanted to make a necklace out of clay and I thought why not use Makin’s Clay®, it is lightweight, non-toxic, hypoallergenic and perfect for all ages - the perfect option for our summer necklaces! They wore them to the movies and told everyone they made them! They were a walking billboard!
We nicknamed Donna's necklaces "Summer Blue" Floral Necklaces because her pretty clay color reminds of a bright summer sky!
Makin’s Clay® - Blue
Testors White Acyrilic paint
Makin’s Clay® Cutting Mat
Makin’s Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® or Rolling tool
Makin’s® Clay Cutters – Round
Floral stamp of choice
1. Gather your blue Makin’s Clay® and your paint.
2. Add some paint to the Makin’s Clay® Blue to make it a light ocean blue.
3. Once the paint was added I took a hint off of the Makin’s Clay® blog! After adding paint to clay, put into a plastic bag and mix in the bag. FYI….Great tip’s can be found here on the blog!
4. Once your clay and paint are mixed thoroughly, either roll out using your Makin’s® roller tool or the Makin’s Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® to about 1/8" (setting #2).
5. Stamp your image into the clay.
6. Using Makin’s® round cutter, cut out your images. We used the largest cutter in the 3 piece set. Make a hole for your hemp.
7. Set aside to let dry. This won’t take long. Mine were dry in a few hours (Makin's Clay® is usually fully dry in 24 hours depending upon your atmospheric conditions - a thin piece like these will take much less time!)
8. Once dry, using a paintbrush add paint into the stamped image. Lightly wipe away paint with a damp paper towel, leaving paint inside of image.
9. Add hemp cord to length and enjoy!