Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2016

A Touch of Humor for Father's Day by Martha Lucia Gomez


Father's Day Inspiration

by Martha Lucia Gomez

Hi everyone, Martha Lucia here with you. Today I want to share a card that I made using only Makin's Clay®, except the base of the card that is made of card stock.  I made this thinking of the creative fathers that are always helping us in our house. I used two colors of clay and some other elements that helped me to obtain the result that I wanted. This is the list of materials that I used to make this.  - We think this would make a fun framed gift for a special dad too!  The layers of dimensional texture created by using Makin's Clay® make it perfectly suited for a home-decor piece! 

Product list:
Instructions:

Take the entire amount content on a package of Light Adobe Brown Clay (60g) and divide this into two parts. Take each part and smooth it with your hands and roller to create an uniform layer. If you want you can past these layers through the Ultimate Clay Machine™. I began on setting #1 and moved up 1 setting at a time to number 5.


Take the bigger layer and put this inside of the one embossing folder. If you want you can pass this through the Big Shot machine using only one acrylic or you can only press with your hands to create the texture. Then open the folder and re-size with the cutter. This will be the main layer of your card.


Now take the smaller layer created on the first step and cut one square using the second square (small to big) of the Square Cutter Set. Put this square inside of other embossing folder with a different pattern and pass through the bigshot or press with your hands.


Take the two embossed pieces and ink the embossed parts using Distress Ink. In my sample I used two different colors, Walnut Stain for the background and Vintage Photo for the front piece. Let these pieces dry.


Now take the White Makin's Clay® and create the embellishments of your card. First you can make the hand tools. For this take small amounts of white clay and smooth it with your hands. If you want you can do it with the roller too. Take the Hand Tool Push Mold and press the clay into the each design starting in the center and working toward the edges. Remove the excess clay and either gently bend your mold to lift your tools free while the clay is fresh, or let the clay dry in the mold then remove.


Using the same White Makin's Clay®, create a thin layer with the roller and the Ultimate Clay Machine™ to stamp your sentiment.


When you have the thin layer, take Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamp your image. If you want you can cut the image using scissors or any punch. In my model I used scissors and I cut it before the clay is dry because for me it is easier.  Makin's Clay® can also be cut with scissors when dry.


Paint the parts of you image that you want using alcohol markers or any other type of paint and let it dry.  After all the parts are dried, assemble your card using an All Purpose Adhesive like Beacon™ Quick Grip.



To finalize add the stamped sentiment and give your card with all your love! I really like how easy it is to work with Makin's Clay® to create a wide variety of projects. For card makers like me, I find that the clay does not add much bulk and gives me the possibility to make different things and explore techniques that I love.


 Thanks for stopping by today! Martha Lucia

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, Martha. I really like how you stamped and then painted the clay. I'm going to give that a try.

Krauchune said...

This is very cool. Nice job.

Steph Ackerman said...

Great card Martha.

Donna said...

Great Card!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *