Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Liberty - Never Forget Memory Frame by Patricia Krauchune


LIBERTY...NEVER FORGET
Designed by Patricia Krauchune 

Using the Makin's Brand® Double Turning Frame Kit, I created a montage of elements that are dear to me, namely the Statue of Liberty and preserving the memory of the World Trade Center. The four panels give you a large pallet to express your creativity and Makin's Clay® gives you the vehicle to achieve it.
 
Supply List:

  Makin's Brand® Double Turning Frame Kit # 35303
  Thick chipboard
  Krazy® Glue
  Mini Flag
  Craft Knife
  Martha Stewart Crafts™ Pea Shoot Acrylic Paint

Recommended Makin’s® Tools:
Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® 

Materials:


This project starts with the Makin's Brand® Memory Frame Kit # 35303. There are four panels to decorate with your favorite pictures and treasures. 


The first thing I did was push some white clay: (included in this kit) into some molds I had made
from some of my collectables. I trimmed each piece when the clay was dry then painted them with the Martha Stewart Pea Shoot paint. I painted the torch on the Statue of Liberty with the Krylon Gold Leafing pen. Note: When assembling the panels, I decided to paint the Statue of Liberty head with the gold leafing.



I had this Statue of Liberty large mold and I pressed some white clay into the mold. It took several days for the clay to completely dry. 












After the Statue of Liberty dried, I used a craft knife to trim around the Statue. 


The trimmed Statue of Liberty is now painted with the Pea Shoot color paint and the torch with the gold leafing pen. 


Using the Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine®, roll out a piece of white clay on the # 1 setting. 


I then stamped the World Trade Center in the 
wet clay, trimmed to the size I wanted, and set it aside to dry. Leave the remaining piece of clay to dry. When dried, I cut a rectangular piece from the white clay and stamped the image of the Statue of Liberty onto the dry clay. Both pieces were then tinted with some paint and the edges were trimmed with the gold leafing pen. When the paint was dried, using gloves, I smeared some burnt umber oil paint over both pieces and immediately wiped it off with a paper towel. Set aside to dry completely. 


The pictures I chose were crumpled up, then I applied a little Ranger Distressed InkTM Old Paper color to antique the pictures. 


I replaced the plastic sheets that came with the kit and instead used thick chipboard, using the plastic sheets as templates. I painted both sides with the bright gold paint.

At this point I glued the pictures to the chipboard using the Beacon'sTM Tacky glue. Then I inserted the chipboard into the narrow slots of the frame on both sides. 



Small strips of wood were cut to fit around each picture, glued together with Krazy ® Glue, then painted black and silver. 

The glued strips were then attached to each picture using Beacon's™ Tacky Glue. I took an old mini flag and used Omni Gel to glue the flag to back of the panel that had the World Trade Center picture. When the flag was dry, I glued the large molded Statue of Liberty over the flag. 

I turned the panels and glued the rest of my embellishment to the empty panel. 


This frame is my tribute to the Statue of Liberty and in remembrance of the World Trade Center...Never Forget. 


No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *