Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2019

"Cute Scary" Little Pumpkins




Do you like Halloween?  Me too, but not too scary, rather cute scary. I think these little pumpkins are perfect.

Supplies

About 30 gr (1 ounce) of white Makin's Clay® for each little pumpkin
Makin's Professional® Clay Texture Set
Ball point tool with a rather small ball
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Acrylic paint

Materials

I started with creating a rolled ball approx 4 cm or 2 ¾ “ diameter. Then I squished it somewhat flat.

For the arm, I made a log, which I made somewhat flat and then cut some fingers. Some have 3 fingers, some have 5 fingers.

Slightly dampen your fingers and  shape the pumpkin's fingers further.


 

I used the clay texture set tool to make a hole where I can insert the little arms.

I also have made the typical pumpkin ridges. For the eyes, I used the professional clay texture set, but this time the tip you can see in the picture below.

I simply twisted it above the mouth and then with the pointy tool I added some nostrils.

I made a long slit for the mouth with the pointy tool and then added either teeth or a tongue.
As some last steps I added a twisted piece to the top and textured the whole pumpkin with the small ballpoint tool.

In the end I had 3 little pumpkins which now had to dry for about 2 days. 


 

 

I used different acrylic paint mainly orange, some yellow a tiny bit of a bronze color, for the body. 

I added patina to the ridges with a flat brush with the some brown as I have used for the little stem at the top.

With some fluorescent color I added some dots to the eyes.

 

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *