Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Articulated Faux "Paper" Doll




Have you played with paper dolls lately? Well I did, or at least lets say I made one. It is not actually paper, it's made with Makin's Clay®!


Supplies

120 g white Makin's Clay®
some sort of a blade or knife
napkins with some nice patterns
permanent black marker
acrylic paint markers or acrylic paint and a fine brush
jumprings 10 mm


First, I made some patterns which you can use if you like or make your own pattern.

Next, I rolled out some of the clay for the body, it is on the thickest setting. As you can see I used a craft knife to go along the pattern.

To smooth out the raggedy edges I used a damp wipe.  I placed the body on some parchment paper. This helps to move things around more easily.

Next, I made sure that the surface of the body was damp. That helps to stick the top layer of the napkin (only the top layer!) to the body. Also, I went over the napkin with the wet wipe. Just be careful, so you don't tear it. It is more of a dapping motion then sliding over the napkin.

 


I also added some napkin to the arms the same way.

I also used some tiny heart cutters.

 

The next morning, everything was dry, and first I transferred the pattern to Makin's Clay®. Dry Makin's Clay® acts very similar to paper, so transfer either with a transfer paper or with graphite pencil is easy. Now I was ready to paint. I use markers and acrylic paint.

My next step was to make some holes with a simple drill and then attach the legs and arms to the body with 10 mm jump rings.



1 comment:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *