Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Autumn Mushroom Planter

Autumn Mushroom Planter by Bea Grob
Welcome to my project for the fall season, at least here in Switzerland month of october is the mushroom season.  So I decided to have my own mushrooms (guaranteed non-toxic!) Not for cooking, but as a nice decoration around the house. 

Materials:

Makin's Clay® in white or natural, both work. The amount depends on how many and how big you want to make them. For mine I used about 60 gr.
Makin's® Clay Roller and/or Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine®
Makin's Professional® 
  • Clay Cutter, square Set Nr.  36002  
  • Professional Tool Kit

A spray bottle with plain water
a piece of plastic wrapping or household wrap

Instructions:

I started with making the hats first, right out of the package you can form the Makin's Clay®, without having to condition. I first made a ball and then formed a sort of a cap.

I also formed a log, to smooth out any irregularities I use a damp wipe most of the time.


To make the mushroom look more natural, I added indentations and little slits, just like they would have if you see them in the woods.

To give more of the appearance from a mushroom used the Feather

point Tool from the Makin's Professional® Clay Tools Set. 



At the end I had a bunch of mushrooms which I had to dry for about 24 hours. 

Next, I poked a hole, and then added some wire so that I can add them to my moss covered basket.

To color the mushrooms I used the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays in different colors. 

I did let the first coat dry right in the basket and then added a second layer of purple just to top part.


To give some extra sparkle I did add some embossing ink just partially to the top of the mushrooms … and then sprinkled some embossing powder with glitter.



You can heat emboss the Makin's Clay® with no problems. Just don't get too close (like you would also when working on other materials).

Now you are ready to arrange your mushrooms for a fall decoration. 










No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *