Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Four Seasons Bottle

Four Seasons Bottle by Patricia Krauchune 
For my February Makin's Clay® project, I turned a small bottle into a four seasons decoration for my desk. I love recycling and turning a bottle that would have gone into my recycle bin into a fun ornament. 

Supply List:

Makin's Clay® in White       Small four sided bottle                                    1" Square Cutter
16 Eyelets                             Small Crown                                                    Loctite Epoxy®
Beacon Tacky Glue™          Yellow/Red/Green/Pink/Brown/Gold Paint     Burnt  Umber Oil Paint

Recommended Makin's® Tools:

Makin's Professional®                          Makin's® 
                        
      Ultimate Clay Machine®                Push Molds:  Snowflake/Leaf/Flower
      Professional Mat                             Clay Cutters - Sun
      Clay Tools

Instructions:

The bottle I used was about 3" tall. I coated the bottle with a layer of Beacon's™ Tacky Glue and let it dry overnight. 
 

Using the # 2 setting of the Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine®, I rolled out enough white clay to cover the bottle. I then stippled the clay using the ball tip attachment of a Makin's Professional® tool. Let dry overnight. 

Using the Makin's® Push Molds, push some white clay into a snowflake shape, a leaf shape and a flower shape. Let dry. I rolled out, on the # 3 setting of the clay machine, a small piece of white clay. Then using a Makin's® Clay Cutter in the sun shape, punch out one small sun shape. Let dry. 


Unmold the shapes and paint using colors of your choice. 


I rolled out, on the # 3 setting of the clay machine, some more white clay. Use a 1" square cutter to make 4 "panels" which you will then attach the shapes to using a little Beacon's™ Tacky Glue. Next you will attach the panels to each side of the bottle, again using the glue. 


I drilled a little hole in the corner of each panel and glued a small eyelet in each hole. 
Paint the panel background blue. 


I then painted the bottle in gold. When dry, I glued on the words: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall to their respective panel. 

I used Loctite Epoxy® to glue a small crown to a cork and glued it into the bottle opening. 


Finally I applied burnt umber oil paint to the bottle and then immediately wiped it off with a paper towel. There you have it, a 4 Season desk ornament. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *