Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Signs of Spring Cards

Springtime Greeting Cards by Steph Ackerman
Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today and we are still waiting for signs of Spring.  In order to remind us that Spring is on it's way, I created some cards.  Makin's Clay® is a great way to embellish paper crafts as it is lightweight, flexible and acid-free when dry.  It can be push molded, rubber stamped, and even die cut or cut with paper punches when rolled thin and allowed to dry.

Supplies:

Makin's Clay® - Red, White, Black, Earthtones Makin's® Push Molds - Gardening Tools, Florals Spellbinders dies                                       Clearsnap Ink                                                   Hero Arts Stamp                                              Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive™
Makin's® has a wide variety of push molds that are quite detailed.  Once you remove your clay, those details are quite visible.   You can easily add your clay to the molds in specific areas, like I did to make these multi-colored gardening tools.  There are two ways to mold - simply push the clay into the mold, remove, and then trim around your shape.  Or, since the molds are flexible and you can see through them, it is easy to ensure that the clay stays within the shape itself while molding, therefore eliminating the need for trimming afterwards.  Simply flex the mold and you can remove the molded shapes while the clay is still fresh.  I kept the gardening tools in the colors I used to mold them, but decided to add color to the flowers with ink.


I love creating shaker cards and decided to use some small flowers in the shaker.  Behind the window I stamped a Spring Phrase then placed the flowers inside.
I stamped some stems and added the flowers, then placed the gardening tools in the corner.

For my next card, I repeatedly stamped the sentiment to create the background.
I die cut an oval for the center of the card then placed gardening tools and flowers on top.  I used Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive™ to mount all the elements. 


Is it Spring yet?

Steph

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *