Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2016

Autumn Leaf Napkin Rings

Autumn Leaf Napkin Rings by Martha Lucia Gomez

Hello dear friends, Martha Lucia here with you. Today I want to share a set of Napkin Rings that I made using some of my favorites colors of Makin's Clay®: red and brown with touches of gold. For this project I used the clay cutters, and Makin's Clay® has a complete selection of these that you can use and change to recreate this idea. Let me share with you how to make this.

Product list:

  • Red and Brown Clay
Makin's®
Beacon™ 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue Golden Orange Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels.










Instructions:

Take a small amount of the color of your choice of clay. I chose red. Smooth it with your hands and then with the roller to create an uniform layer.

If you want you can pass these layers through the Ultimate Clay Machine™. I began on the first setting and moved up 1 setting at a time until reaching the third setting.


Take the layer and cut a square using the small square cutter. Set this piece aside. If you want, you can cut all the napkin rings that you want to make at this time. I made six from a package of 120g and I had some left overs to create little pieces for other embellishments.



To create the leaves , I used the medium sized maple leaf clay cutter and the brown clay. First I took a small amount of brown clay, smoothed it with my hands and then with the roller to create a uniform layer. I passed this layer through the Ultimate Clay Machine™ in the third setting and and then I created a design over the layer using an embossing folder.

 I made six maple leafs from the layer using the medium cutter.



To assemble the rings I used Beacon™ 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue. I simply curved the opposite corners of the square a little, added the glue in each corner and secured with the maple leaf. Then to give a gold touch, I sprayed all the rings with Golden Orange Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. It dries very quick and gives the shiny touch that I wanted.



I let all the napkin rings dry for almost 24 hours before using them.

I hope my project inspires you.  Makin's Clay® has a lot of  clay cutter designs and push molds that you can use for the season to create special decorations for your table and presents.

Thank you for stopping by and see you soon! Martha Lucia

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *