Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Glow in the Dark Rotten Molars Pendant

Glow in the Dark Rotten Molars Pendant by Lucy Reese

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Grab a small chunk of your Glow-in-the-Dark clay and form it in a chunky triangle. Flip it over and flatten the surface.








2.Take scissors and cut the pointed end in two and form the roots of the tooth.










3. Use your needle tool to form the gum line.








4. Using a large ball tool add a nice indentation on the surface of the tooth. At this point, this is where all the detail comes in. You can use whatever tools you have in your stash to create the ridges, crevices, and cavities in your tooth. Let it dry completely.







5. Here is a close-up to show you where I added my paints. I made a wash and wiped it off because I only wanted it in the nooks and crannies. I also added a bit of red to the roots to give the freshly extracted look. To complete the tooth, I used the Flecto only where the gum line started and up to cover the tooth. I wanted to give the perception of enamel. Just a tip about using the paint...don't cover up too much of your tooth, it may hinder the glowing. However, by just adding a little bit, your tooth will look decayed when glowing and that is what I was going for here.



I hope you enjoyed this months project and if you decide to give it a go, I would love to see your pictures or hear how it went for you. Remember, you can follow me at tecniquefreak.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *