Father’s Day Pencil Holder
Designed by Donna Budzynski
Makin’s Clay® Terra Cotta - Black
Small piece of Chipboard
Makin’s® Cutting Mat
Makin’s® Cutting Tool Set
Beacon™ 527 Adhesive
1. Gather your Makin’s Clay® Terra Cotta, Makin’s® Cutting Tool Set-Roller, cutter, Makin’s® Texture Sheet-Set F.
2. Roll out the Terra Cotta Makin’s Clay® using Makin’s® Roller.
3. Dust texture plate with baby powder or corn starch and lay over rolled out Makin’s Clay®. Using your roller roll over the top of the texture sheet making sure you don’t move it as you roll. Use gentle but firm pressure.
4. Using a ruler and your Makin’s® cutter cut to size – 3” X 4”. Repeat steps 2 – 4 until you have 4 sides. Let dry. Now roll out extra piece for bottom of pencil holder.
5. Paint with a light coat of DecoArt® media Quinacidone Gold. Let dry.
6. Once dry, spray lightly using DecoArt® Media Mister in black. Let dry.
8. Using a piece of chipboard, cut out a square for bottom. Measure bottom opening and cut to size. Lay chipboard over spare piece of Makin’s Clay® and adhere to chipboard. Using scissors cut off excess clay. Adhere onto bottom of holder.
9. Roll out Black Makin’s Clay®.
10. Cut 4 pieces for corners ½” x 4” let dry. Adhere to each corner of pencil holder.