Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016

Pre-Colonial Ring by Martha Lucia Gomez


Pre- Colonial Ring
by Martha Lucia Gomez

Hello everyone, today I want to share with you a tutorial that I made to create a Pre-Colonial Ring using Earth Tones from Makin's Clay® and Encore Metallic Ink. I love to use unique pieces of jewelry and create my own pieces that are really interesting. Working with Makin's Clay® gives me this opportunity and I only have to fly through my imagination and use whatever I want.

MAKIN’S® MATERIALS LIST

Makin’s Clay® Earth Tones Colors Package (Peach, Olive, Straw, Persimmon, Light Adobe, Adobe Brown)
Makin’s Clay® Roller
Makin’s Clay® Cutter Set
Makin’s Professional® Cutting Mat

OTHER NECESSITIES

Embossing Folder
Encore Metallic Gold Ink Pad
Ring Metallic Base
Beacon® Quick Grip Adhesive

INSTRUCTIONS:

STEP 1. Take a small amount of the color of your preference of Makin’s Clay®. In my project I am using one included on Earth Tones Package. Smooth with your hands and use the Makin’s Clay® Roller to create an uniform layer.

STEP 2. Take the rectangle and half circle cutters from the Makin’s Clay® Cutter Set and cut these forms from the layer created on the first step.









STEP 3. After cutting your main pieces, make a little ball using the same color of Makin’s Clay®.  Place this ball on top of the metal ring and fill the cap until you have a plain surface. If you want you can cover the out side border of the cap to avoid the metal.



STEP 4. Put the main pieces created inside of one embossing folder. In my model, I am using Paisley Background from Darice. Press uniformly until the design is completely impressed on the clay. Don't pass it through the Big Shot because this process will change the form that you cut in step 2.

STEP 5. Take the pad of Encore Metallic Gold Ink and pass it easily over the embossing created on the clay pieces. Ink the borders and the base of the ring too.


STEP 6. Assemble your ring by pasting the pieces with Beacon® Quick Grip Adhesive and let it dry. You can seal your ring with a waterproofing agent like DecoArt® Americana® Multi-Purpose Sealer or JudiKins™ Diamond Glaze™.

Remember that this is an unique jewelry piece created just for you! I hope you are inspired with my tutorial and comeback soon to share with us!

Enjoy, Martha Lucia

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *