Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Mary Janes for Your Doll by Amanda Phillips



Makin's Clay® Mary Janes for Your Doll 
Designed by Amanda Phillips 

Hello and welcome to another day of clay fun here at the Makin's Clay® blog!                            

Today I can share a little bit of my history.  As I have written before here, in magazines, and on my blog about how my grandmother dressed bisque/porcelain and china dolls from around the world for many people around the world and in doing so there are patterns that became standard from just about the beginning of the invention of the shoe.  The normal baby shoe pattern is the same no matter where you go.  The fun, truly FUN, part was trying to make these out of Makin's Clay® - which seems perfectly suited for the job!  Also, in a later post, I will show you my wee lil baby shoes in action...and I'll have some fun shoes later in the year to share as well!

Supplies: 

Makin's Clay® - Black - 1/4 of a of 120g package 
Makin's® Ultimate Clay Machine™
Makin's Professional® Clay Tools Kit 
Plastic wrap or wax paper
Craft knife
Super Glue gel ( I use this due to scent free) Some of us with lung issues are safer this way.

Instructions:

Slightly flatten Black clay and begin rolling in Ultimate Clay Machine™ - start with setting #1, then #2, then end on #3.

Set machine to setting #4 and place texture item you have chosen to texture with (I chose a piece of black cardstock)
Roll clay through.

Place textured clay on cutting mat and place pattern over
your clay....(find the pattern here on my blog) make space to turn pattern over to cut second shoe. This will create both left and right.

When shoes are cut, while clay is still moist, start to bend tabs and shape shoe. Use the medium Ball point tip out of your Makin's Professional® tools to help shape your toe.

Feel free to go ahead and start glueing your shoe together.  Know that you risk some "wonkiness" as the drying process proceeds. Please expect minimal shrinkage, (I like wonkie so this worked for me!)

Feel free to sand and trim shoes to your liking. Quick tip..If you wanted to get fancy placing a hole punch in the top area could make sweet little flowers on your Mary Janes.


There you have it!  I cannot wait to show you who is wearing my little Mary Janes in my next post!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *