Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Home is Where the Heart Is Pendant by Patricia Krauchune




Home is Where the Heart Is
Designed by Patricia Krauchune

This little pendant was made using clay that was rolled out and dried, one of many neat things you can do with Makin's Clay®. Follow along with me to make this little house and remember, home is where the heart is. 


Supply List:

Makin's Clay®: Black, Blue, Green, Light Adobe, White, Red
House shaped bezel
Diamond Glaze™
Beacon's™ Tacky Glue

Adirondack® Alcohol Ink in Butterscotch
Craft knife Ruler
Heart punch
Small container to mix glaze. 

Recommended Makin’s® Tools:

Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® Makin's® Cutting Mat 


1. Using the Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine®, roll out a small piece of black clay on the # 3 setting. Press clay into bezel and trim excess with craft knife.


2. The house should look like this after trimming. I had a small thin piece of leftover red clay from a previous project and using the heart punch, I punched out a small heart. Set aside for later. 










3. I added some white clay to small pieces of blue, green and light adobe clay. One piece of blue was a little larger than the other and I added more white to that to give me two different shades of blue. Next I ran each color through the Makin's Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine® on the # 3 setting. Let these pieces dry overnight. 





4. When the clay was completely dry, I used a craft knife and a ruler to cut little strips from each color. Then after I had a few strips of each color I started gluing the strips to the inside of the bezel using the Beacon's™ Tacky Glue. 








5. I alternated the direction of the strips for interest. Continue gluing the strips until you fill the bezel using a pattern that is pleasing to you. 










6. Now glue the small red heart you punched out earlier to the center of the house. Next I mixed some Diamond Glaze™  with one drop of the Butterscotch Alcohol Ink in a small container stirring gently. 









7. Slowly pour the glaze mixture over the house. The pendant should be left flat for at least 12 hours for the glaze to cure. FINISHED! And that my friends is one of many ways to use Makin's Clay®, either fresh out of the package or dried...anything is possible. Till we craft again, here's hoping you will be Makin® a keepsake for yourself. 

3 comments:

Krauchune said...

Thank you Donna. I save all my scraps, there's no waste with Makin's!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea!

Cindi McGee said...

Perfect illustration of why you should save every scrap of clay from your projects! :0) Cute idea Pat!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *