Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Our Little Mermaid Memory Frame by Kim Hale



OUR LITTLE MERMAID MEMORY FRAME

Designed by Kim Hale 

I decided I did not want just a foot print for my frame. Before the baby was born, my son said he was not raising a princess and did not want everything all pink and frilly.  My daughter- in–law decided since her dad is a boat captain she would be our little mermaid.T his is background behind the project.  Makin’s® Memory Frame Kits include white Makin's Clay® and I added a some peach and some blue to assemble my project. 

Materials:

Makin's® Memory Frame Kit - Single Turning 
Makin's Clay® - Blue, Peach
Makin's® Seashell Push Mold 
Makin's® Texture Sheet Set D
Makin's® Cutting Mat 
Makin's® Ultimate Clay Extruder™ and Disc 12 
Makin's® Ultimate Clay Machine™
Rubber stamps 
Seahorse mold 
Blue oil paint
Viva Décor metallic rub in gold and silver
Beacon™ Tacky Glue

Instructions:

Roll blue clay in Ultimate Clay Machine™ to setting #3.  Apply text with Makin's texture sheet.   Cut to approximately 13cm x 11cm (Makin's® Cutting Mat is premeasured for easy sizing).  Set aside and let dry 24 hours. 

Roll white clay to setting #3.  Use stamps to impress desired lettering.  Freeform out around stamped lettering.  Set aside and let dry 24 hours. 

Use Seashell push mold to create seashells from peace clay, set aside and let dry 24 hours.

Mix blue and white clay to create light blue, then use Makin's® Seashell push mold to create fish.  Make seahorses with light blue clay in seahorse mold.  Set aside to dry 24 hours. 

Place light blue clay in Ultimate Clay Extruder™ and extrude 4 strands with Disc 12.  Twist extruded clay and set aside to dry 24 hours.  

After the clay dried, I used oil paints to pop the wording and highlight the various pieces.    Apply then paint so it is in the stamped areas and recessed areas of push molded fish and then wipe off while still wet, leaving in those areas.  The oil paint takes a while to dry and I live in Florida so I set the project aside for a week. 

Then I applied Viva Décor metallic rub in gold and silver to add some sparkle.  

I printed the photos and started laying everything out. The rolled sheet was used as a photo mat. When I got to a pleasing look, I started gluing the items in place with Beacon® Tacky Glue.  My frame is two sided and turns (one side needed to be thin so it is just the picture with a few items glued on the front) and very deep on the one side to make it look “under the sea”.  I did have trim a little to make it fit inside the box nicely.  

1 comment:

Pat Krauchune said...

Your little mermaid is adorable as is your turning frame.

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *