Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Leaves for the Seasons by Martha Lucia Gomez


LEAVES FOR SEASONS
By Martha Lucia Gomez

Hello everyone, Martha Lucia here to share with you one of my favorites projects for fall and a secret for all seasons. Today I want to show you how I made these autumn leaves to decorate the pumpkins this season. You can use natural pumpkins for your table as a center pieces or to simply adorn your spaces.

Supplies:
Instructions:

Select the colors for your leaves and blend the clay with your hands. Use the push mold to create the different silhouettes. Let it dry for 24 for hours and cut the borders with scissors. For this project I only used the big maple leaves. Using the stem I created a loop using the adhesive. The reason for this loop is to be able to put and remove the leaves easily from the pumpkins.



Then you can paint the spines of the leaves using the iridescent paints. With Makin’s Clay® you can use different brands of paint and mix the, during the rolling process to get variations on the original colors.
The iridescents paints dry very quick so you don't have to wait long time to finish your project. Now you only have to insert your leaves, using the loop on the stem of your pumpkin, if you want you can insert a pearl flower between the leaves.

My secret:

If you are wondering about my secret, here is it. I created this idea with removable leaves so I can store them in a secure place after the season. I only use pumpkins during the fall but I use these leaves during Christmas in other kind of projects. I just put them inside of an acrylic box and they will be great for the next year.

I really like how easy it is working with Makin's Clay® to create a wide variety of projects. I just love to try and discover the possibility of making different things and exploring techniques that I love. Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

madelinesthoughts said...

Love how easy it is to use the molds to make easy additions to simple decor items.

Amanda Phillips said...

Ahh Martha you and I are twins this month,you will see why! These are great!

Cindi McGee said...

These are beautiful and the fact that they can be removed and used on various projects is great!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *