Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Elegantly Natural Thanksgiving Napkin Rings by Amanda Phillips


Elegantly Natural Thanksgiving Napkin Rings 
Designed by Amanda Phillips 

Hello and welcome to Makin's Clay® Blog. I am so excited that this month's theme and inspirational thought for our Design Team is "Thankful".

Thankful for so many wonderful things in our lives. Art being the one that keeps us on the sane train making it one of my top favorites. 

Today I get to share using a new color to my arsenal. Natural. I love this. Not white, not too yellow...truly just right. 

What you will need to make your beautiful Napkin Rings:

Makin's Clay® - 120g Natural (I believe if you are careful you can make a total of 3 napkin rings per 120g package with these instructions) 
                        - Ultimate Clay Machine™
                        - Push Mold - Leaves
Something round like rolling pin or wine bottle to train clay as it dries.
Rubber stamp/texture plate to texture clay - or one of our many Makin's Clay® Texture Sheets that would work wonderfully... but due to the availability on my very messy studio table this texture stamp/plate was the winner :0) 
Pearl Ex metallic pigment powders (your choice of color) I used white and gold Pearl here
Beacon® Tacky Glue

Instructions:

I first rolled the Natural clay through the Ultimate Clay Machine™ starting with #1 and I finishing on setting #2.

I then placed and pressed the texture mold onto my clay. 

Cut clay into  1 1/4" x 5 1/4 inch strips and place onto rolling pin or bottle to form. 

After this choose your leaves on the Leaves push mold. I chose the maple leaf..it just seemed more "Thanksgivingish".  Mold your leaves with the Natural clay.

I placed the leaves over the rolling pin for drying as well...This will help train the clay to adhere to each 
other and wrap around easier for the ring itself.

After clay dried I trimmed it with detail scissors and then sanded the edges to a smooth finish. Glue your the ends of your strips together and adhere your leaf using Beacon® Tacky Glue.

Add Pearl Ex metallic pigment powders to give your finished napkin rings a light metallic lustre.

I hope you enjoyed our Thanksgiving Napkin ring tutorial I know we enjoyed having you. 

To see more of my projects visit my blog here.


3 comments:

Krauchune said...

Nice.

Cindi McGee said...

Truly elegant - love the subtle gold effect.

Unknown said...

Al secarse se endurece,entonces como se pegan los extremos?? Muy bello el trabajo! Me encantaria hacerlas,el color es genial

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *