Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Initial Makin's® Clay Book

I think Makin's® Clay is one of the most versatile products....the possibilities for using it seem almost endless. 

I love notebooks of all kinds so I thought I would make a little one with a clay cover....



This is a quick and easy project and you can use Makin's® Texture Sheets or Rubber Stamps like I did....


I rolled out some white clay to about 1/8".
 

I placed my notebook on top of the clay and used the clay cutter to trim the clay to the size needed.
 

Then I glued the clay onto the cover, when doing this be sure to be generous with the glue and secure the edges securely....wipe excess with baby wipe if needed.
 

I used my EZ-De's 2" Flourish Alphabet Stamp Set to make the initial impression.  


Then I stamped around the initial with one of  my 2" Square Faux Quilting  Stamps from Unity Stamp Company.
 

Continue until you like the design.
 

Then I turned over the notebook to trim away the excess clay.
 

I used my Crafter's Ink from Clearsnap to add color to the clay....
 

I liked the multicolor effect up close but really did not like it from a distance.....


So I went over the colors again with just the Berry color which gave the entire notebook more depth....

A quick and easy Makin's® Clay project....give it a try!

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *