Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Creepy Halloween Skull

Creepy Halloween Skull by Steph Ackerman

Hi everyone, with Halloween less than a month away, it's time to start decorating Halloween projects. Steph Ackerman here today with a creepy project just in time for Halloween.


Supplies:

Makin's® Clay - White
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Makin's® Clay Tool Set
Paper mache mask
Flowers
Tulle

Instructions:

Using a paper mache mask as my base I formed the white clay over half the mask using my fingers to create definition.

Once I had the clay as I wanted it on the mask, I allowed it to sit for several days before continuing.  As it dried, the cracks and crevices became more conspicuous.  Then I painted the clay with gold paint and the paper mache mask with white paint.



I added some brown metallic paint randomly about the mask, then for a bit of a creepy effect, I added red paint to the eyes and along the edge of the clay mask.

I placed tulle in the eye sockets and added a bunch of flowers to the corner.

 

I used the pick from the Tool Kit to poke holes in the clay and the mask.  Then I used a needle with Whisker Graphics twine to create suture lines. 

I'm ready for Halloween. Are you?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *