Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Cruise Layout

Cruise Layout by Steph Ackerman

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a scrapbook layout.  Did you know that you can use Makin's Clay® to create embellishment to accent your layouts?  Makin's Clay® makes perfect lightweight embellishments that truly enhance your layouts, and it is acid free when dry making it safe for your memory books.

I took a cruise recently and knew I wanted to document the trip so I created a 2 page layout.  Rather than using actual sea shells, I decided to create some sea shell embellishments from clay.

Supplies:

Makin's® Clay - Brown, Earth Tones
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Makin's®


Beacon Adhesives - 3-in-1 Adhesive
Stencils
Molding Paste
Spray Inks
Stamps

Instructions:

Use the Mixing Ruler to determine the amount of each color of clay to use.  I wanted them a bit darker so I used more brown; however, you can change the color ratios as you desire.  Then simply mix the colors together creating a uniform or mottled look.


Determine the shells you want to use then push the  mixed clay into the molds.

Once you pop out the shells you can see all the amazing details.  Makin's Clay® will hold their details and, once hardened, will retain their shape.


To create the layout, I selected spray inks in oranges and blues to add some random color on my pages.  I then used several stencils to add dimension with molding paste. 

Place mesh on the page and adhere a photo on top.  Add a wood flag above the photo.

Adhere the shells about the mesh using Beacon Adhesives.  Ink ticket stubs and insert under the photo. 


Randomly stamp a mesh stamp with brown ink around the pages.  Create a pocket page on the right side by adding a strip of wordy paper on orange cardstock.  Adhere the sides and bottom of the panel to the page, leaving the top open as a pocket.  I inserted pamphlets from our trip.  Then I placed several photos.


Makin's Clay® is perfect to use when you want some light embellishments for your projects.

What will you create today?

Steph

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *