Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Black & White Silkscreened Pendant


Black & White Silkscreened Pendant by Carole Monahan

I'm a little obsessed!  That is huge coming from me because I do NOT like to use paint since I can make a giant mess with just a little bit of paint!  But, this is also what I LOVE about polymer clay, you can do sooo many different techniques you will NEVER get bored. 

Materials:

Makin's Clay® - White and Black 
Black heavy body acrylic paint
Silk cord to string 

Tools:

Makin's Professional® 
  • Ultimate Clay Machine® 
  • Cutting Mat
  • Ultimate Clay Extruder® - Disc #3 
Assorted cutters 
Art basics 2" silicone brush
Moiko silkscreen 

Instructions:

     
Roll out your selected clay on 3 setting on the clay machine.
Make sure it is about the same size as your silk screen. 


Follow the directions on your silk screen but usually the shiny side goes down against the clay burnish it lightly so you know it is adhered to the clay surface evenly
I like to use the Art Basics silicone brush to evenly spread a thin line of paint across
The screen, you can also use an old credit card or gift card for this as well.


Slowly peel back the silk screen to reveal the WOW underneath.
You will need to quickly rinse the wet paint off the silk screen or….
You WILL be sorry.


I like to use as much of the printed clay as possible so I
lay out my cutter shapes of choice before cutting anything.


Here I used the extruder to make a bezel for the piece.
I set a center loop at the top
(maybe next time I will pick a different section because Yes I know it does look like a face! )
I used a little water to make sure the bezel was fully attached to the disc and I backed the disc with more black clay to match the bezel.
I did the reverse as well with Black clay and white paint so that would also be fun as a
Double sided necklace!
There are sooo many possibilities this will be FUN !


Then just string it as you like here I used a silk cord.
If you want to see what other things I’m up to you can find me and follow me here!









No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *