Are you a polymer clay artist? A scultpor? Is creating unique jewelry your passion? Do you enjoy creating decorative elements for cakes & cupcakes? Do you enjoy working with mixed-media and adding dimensional embellishments to your projects?
Makin’s Clay® is in search of amazing designers who share a passion for working with polymer clays and mixed-media products to join the 2017 Makin’s Clay® Design Team for a term of twelve months, effective 4/1/17 thru 3/31/2018.
The goal of the Makin’s Clay® Design Team is to leverage the diverse creative perspective of our Design Team members to make unique pieces of art which illustrate the broad range of application possibilities of Makin’s Clay®. We are looking to build a long-term relationship with designers who are excited with the prospect of becoming a Certified Makin’s Clay® Professional and future Ambassadors of the Makin’s Clay® brand.
Makin’s Clay® Design Team members and their projects will be featured monthly on our blog and other social media channels. Special opportunities exist for designers who are interested in submitting “art-for-pay” to be used in newsletters, lesson plans, industry magazines, retail stores and trade shows
Expectations For Design Team Members:
- Design and create at least one Makin’s Clay® project per month consistent to be posted on the Makin’s Clay® blog. Project must include:
- Easy-to-follow, stepped out instructions.
- Full supply list with proper use of product names and trademarks.
- High resolution step-out photos.
- High resolution photo(s) of finished project.
- Finished project photo(s) must bear the personalized Design Team watermark which will be provided to you.
- One blog post per month on your own blog/social media sites using Makin’s Clay® products, with products named as required above in the post.
- Add a Makin’s Clay® Design Team logo to your blog for the term of the Design Team.
- Be proactive and responsive in the promotion of Design Team activities and Makin’s Clay® blog hops and team challenges.
- Be proactive and supportive of fellow Design Team members and their projects by sharing posts and leaving positive feedback and creating interactive dialog. All team members must visit the Makin’s Clay® Facebook Page at least weekly and “Like” projects, leaving comments as desired, and visit the Blog at least weekly to leave feedback for fellow Design Team Members. Share projects from our Facebook page and/or Blog on your own social media as desired.
- Join the private Makin’s Clay® Facebook Group and participate in the sharing of information, project ideas and interactive dialog with other Design Team members.
- Join, follow, subscribe and promote the Makin’s Clay® Blog, Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube channel, and Pinterest boards.
Expectations From Makin’s Clay®
- FREE Makin’s Clay® products, tools and accessories. Four shipments will be sent to all Design Team members throughout the Design Team term.
- FREE products from collaborating companies in the arts and crafts industry.
- Designer recognition with Makin’s Clay® projects used across social media platforms, in marketing and promotional events.
- Eligibility to receive Endorsement Fees for Makin’s Clay® projects published in print.
- Compensation for selected Makin’s Clay® projects used in major marketing initiatives, promotional events, lesson plans, retail display boards and trade shows.
- Opportunity to become a Certified Makin’s Clay® Professional.
- Certified Makin’s Clay® Professionals will be posted on the Makin’s Clay® website and given advance notice and preference when considering paid engagements for distributors and/or retailers in the domestic and international business communities.
- Certified Makin’s Clay® Professionals will be the first point of contact when considering special calls for project designs, workshops, make & take project activities, product demonstrations and trade shows.
- Certified Makin’s Clay® Professionals will be given advance notification of new products and product samples as they become available.
Additional program details and benefits will be provided to those designers selected for the team.
How to Apply
Send an email to Cindi@Makins-USA.com, place 2017 Design Team in the Subject Line.
In the body of your email, please include a short paragraph which tells me what has inspired you to apply for the 2017 Makin’s Clay® Design Team.
Provide links to your blog and other social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
Attach three clear photos of your favorite project designs which you feel best represent your creative style and persuasion. Note: The projects do not have to include Makin’s Clay® products.
Provide a short bio.
Please identify any preferences you have for areas of design, such as; polymer clays, jewelry design, mixed-media, fine arts, etc.
Please tell us if you have been published and where (not required to be on Design Team).
Please tell us if you have worked on other design teams (not required to be on Design Team), and please include a list of any other design teams you currently serve on.
Submission deadline is March 7th - Midnight EST
Design Team selections will be notified on or about March 13th, 2017