Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fox Mask - Trick or Treat!

Fox Mask by Carole Monahan
I know what the Fox says!
Pssst it’s
TRICK or TRICK!!!

By Carole Monahan

It is my favorite time of the year again!
So it is time for my obligatory Halloween mask!

Materials

Makin’s Clay® - White 4.2 oz
Pan pastels or chalk pastels
Elastic band
Beacon™ Tacky Glue
PYM II
Basic white mask
Paper pattern of your choice

Tools

Makin’s Professional® 
  • Ultimate Clay Machine®
  • Clay Tools - several tips to cut and texture.
  • Cutting Mat

Sponge applicators for the pastels

Instructions:

Roll out the package of clay so it can fit your paper pattern that you have cut out.


Lay out your pattern and burnish it down lightly so it doesn’t move while you cut it out.

I like to use the pointy tip from the Professional Tools kit.

After you have your pieces cut out and the clay is still damp you can use
several of the texture tools in the kit to get a fur look.


Now you can color your pieces to bring out all the great sculpted and textured details.

I used several pan pastel colors to bring out the furry look and to bring depth to his ears.

I also added the little fluffy patch to his forehead.


I repeated the same steps on the other cut out part of the mask.

To secure the elastic I used Beacon’s Tacky Glue and more clay.

I laid the completed mask over a plain white mask form to dry to the proper shape.

You can also use the same pattern and cut out some cloth to line the back of the mask.
The cloth does 3 things:
1 - it gives it a great finished look
2 - it helps to hold the elastic in place
3 - If your mask if for a little one it helps make it more durable.

After the mask was completely cured about 24 hours I
took him outside and covered him with a good coat of
PYMII to seal the pan pastels.



Happy Halloween!

To see all my other Curious Creations you can find me here!




No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *