Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pirate Party! by Steph Ackerman


Pirate Party!
Designed by Steph Ackerman

Ahoy Mateys, Steph Ackerman here today getting ready for a pirate party!  Makin's Clay® works great in molds of all types - including silicone ice cube trays like this fun PIRATE mold!

Supplies:

Makin's® Clay - Earth Tones, Black
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
ColorBox Art Screen - Rounded
Earth Safe Finishes Gesso
Sizzix® Framelits Banner Dies
Molding Paste
Silicone Ice Cube Mold - Pirate Themed

Instructions:

I began by partially blending several shades of Earth Tones clays together.  I wanted several colors to show so I did not completely blend the clay  
I found this fun pirate silicone mold in a local store.  It's really an ice cube mold, but I knew it would work well for a Makin's Clay® project!  Using the mold, I created an assortment of embellishments from the blended clay.  To make the embellishments more realistic, I also used black clay on portions of the embellishments. 

Now that I finished my embellishments, I pulled out a small wood box and painted it.  Then I used the ColorBox Rounded Art Screen to create some dimension.  I used Earth Safe Finishes Gesso to adhere the gauze in the corner.
While waiting for everything to dry,  I created place cards from cardstock.  On the top layer I placed stickers spelling out the children's names.  Then I added additional pirate embellishments to coordinate with the banner.


Once the box was dry, I adhered several clay embellishments amongst the gauze as well as another on the front of the box.

 

The pirate embellishments are adorable and perfect for a pirate party.  Makin's Clay® is light weight and the embellishments added little weight to the banner and place cards.

What will you create with Makin's Clay® today?

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

3 comments:

Krauchune said...

Pegleg says AWESOME mate!

Unknown said...

Wow Steph, any kid having a pirate party would love these. Looks like a lot of fun to make.

Donna said...

This is so awesome! How fun!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *