Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

Dreamy Pastel Statement Necklace by Carole Monahan


Dreamy Pastel Statement Necklace
By Carole Monahan

I hate paint……… There I SAID IT!!
That is one of the reasons why I love clay so much. There is NO paint for me to spill and get everywhere!
Oooh something I CAN’T spill!!!
Since I had a gift card from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket I HAD to get them.
Here is my first project using this fun neat: and compared to good paint pretty economical.

Materials

Makin's Clay®  2oz White
Pan Pastels
2 brass grommets
1 Swarovski Crystal
Matching leather cord
Brass findings for necklace
Beacon® Tacky glue

Tools

Makin's Clay® Ultimate Clay Machine™
Makin's Clay® Texture Sheet Set H - Abstract A
Makin’s® Cutting Mat
Makin's Clay® Professional Tool Kit - The plain cutter wheel was used
Altered Art Source unmounted rubber template
PYMII (to seal the piece )


Instructions

Quick and easy - roll out 2oz of white clay in the Ultimate Clay Machine™ to setting #2.
Lay the sheet out and cover with the texture sheet. Since the sheet is clear you can
see where you have the proper and even texture as you press it into the clay.

I then used one of Barbara Mcguire’s rubber templates from her Etsy site Art Source.
Just press the template in around the outside edges ONLY so you don’t lose any of the texture.
Remove the template and then color with the Pan pastels.
The Pan pastels can be layered and blended.
Add your accent Crystals and then seal with PYMII to protect the pastels.


Add the grommets with some Beacon Tacky Glue for extra support since thick leather cording was used.
Add the cording attach all the findings and get ready to SHOW this piece off!



Here are the links to the items I mentioned and some of my other pages and products








2 comments:

Krauchune said...

Very pretty Carole!

Rozzhopp said...

Carole this necklace & the technique are amazing. Love it so much . Thank you for sharing. The colors are wonderful.

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *