Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Poppies Mixed-Media Canvas by Amanda Phillips

Poppies Mixed Media Canvas 
Designed by Amanda Phillips 

Supplies:  

Makin's Clay® - Vineyard Tones, Primary/Brights Multi-Pack  
                         - Clay Mixing Ruler™
4x4 canvas
Old book papers
Decoupage glue
2 3/4 x 3" Mulberry paper
Stamp of choice
Green and red twine
Small bottle
Poppy seeds from the kitchen cupboard
 
Instructions: 

Decoupage your papers to your canvas, while allowing it to dry stamp your mulberry paper with stamp. Adhere mulberry paper to canvas and beginning unraveling green twine to look like poppy stems and grass. Fill bottle with seeds and seal with cork and string....a little paper tag or end of a brad will make this look more authentique. 

Now comes the fun part..taking my Makin's® Clay Mixing Ruler™, I mixed the Merlot clay E with the Red in F. I did this 3 times giving me a variety of petals sizes.

I then took half of a mixed ball, peeled it across the palm of my hand forming a flouncy petal.

I then took a small amount of black clay and smeared that in the petal as well. 

Taking 4-5 petals , attach to a base ball of clay, add tiny little balls of black to flower centers. 

After I made my Makin's Clay® poppy flowers, I glued them with super glue to my canvas. 

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *