Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Makin's Clay® Changable Sun Glasses with VELCRO® Brand

Last week I shared a pair of sun glasses that I created for my grand daughter for the 4th of July....

and today I want to show you how to make these sun glasses changeable for the rest of the summer!

When I made these I knew that I wanted to make the changeable so

 I added a small piece of VELCRO® Sticky Back Adhesive to the frames (the loop side).

Then I gathered the rest of my supplies:
Makin's Clay® in assorted colors
Makin's Clay® Cutters, assorted
Makin's Clay® Texture Sheets, assorted
Makin's Clay® Roller (not shown in photo)
Faux Quilting Rubber Stamps, assorted
VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back Adhesive
Beacon Adhesive Tacky Glue
Westcott Brand Non Stick Scissor (not shown in photo)

I rolled out the clay to about 1/4" thick then placed a texture sheet (or rubber stamp) onto it and rolled until I had a nice impression.

 I used the cutters to create my designs and set them aside for a few minutes.

 I rolled out white clay as thin as I could get it and attached the hook side of the VELCRO® Sticky Back Adhesive onto it, then trimmed around it.  The reason for this is so that I could glue clay to clay for a better adhesion for the changeable pieces.

 I cut the VELCRO® Sticky Back Adhesive to fit the back side of the clay pieces....

 and glued them into place, let dry.

 The you are ready to change out the clay pieces on your sun glasses....quickly and easily!

Make several of these and change them to go with every outfit.....

to last through the summer!

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *