Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thankful Sign by Steph Ackerman


Thankful Sign 
Designed by Steph Ackerman

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a sign of Thankfulness.

I have been experimenting with the various properties of Makin's Clay® and am so thankful for this opportunity to work with Makin's Clay®.

Supplies:

Makin's Clay®  - White, Green, Grape Leaf, Terra Cotta, Merlot
                          - Ultimate Clay Extruder
                          -  Cutting Mat
                          - Clay Cutters - Flower
                          - Push Mold - Leaves
Wood sign
Cricut Expression
Beacon® Tacky Glue

Instructions:

To create the colors for the flowers, I mixed Terra Cotta with White Makin's Clay® in various
amounts to receive various complementary shades.   I rolled the clay thin and used the Flower clay cutters to cut assorted sizes from the flowers.  I then layered them alternating light and dark layers.  A ball of white clay is the center of each flower.

I mixed several colors of clay (Green, Grape Leaf, Merlot and Terra Cotta) to create the leaves.
Using the Leaves Push Mold I created assorted leaf shapes

I used the Ultimate Clay Extruder™ with Green clay to create some vines.
Next, I mixed Green and Black clay to achieve a darker green vine.
I created spiral pieces by wrapping small lengths of the extruded clay around a craft pick. 

Using Beacon® Tacky Glue, I  assembled and mounted the flowers and leaves on the wood plaque.

Then I added the extruded pieces. 

Die cut letters created with the Cricut Expression were used to spell out Thankful.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Steph





3 comments:

Pat Krauchune said...

Nice job Steph!

Amanda Phillips said...

This is so sweet Steph.

Cindi McGee said...

A lovely autumn home decor piece - love those two toned flowers!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *