Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Glow in the Dark Pumpkin Card by Amanda Phillips


Glow in the Dark Pumpkin Card
Designed by Amanda Phillips 


Good Morning!!! 

Amanda here and I am delighted to share with you my newest and silliest creation to date for your Makin's Clay® pleasure :)

It is Halloween all over the place and when I saw Madeline Arendt's die cut inspiration leaves, I ran to the studio and started rolling out clay into sheets quicker than frankie rolled out skin :)

My fun supplies are as follows.

Makins Clay® - Glow in the Dark, Terra Cotta, Brown, Black, Olive, Grape Leaf
                        - Ultimate Clay Machine™ 
                        - Push Mold - Florals
Die cutting machine, pumpkin dies 
Beacon® Tacky Glue 
A couple of pieces of fun paper 
A standard 6 1/2 x 5 greeting card blank
7" ribbon of choice
1/2" punch, 1/4" punch (both of these are for eye detail)
Chalk ink in pinks, browns, oranges and dauber for rosy cheeks shading.

Instructions:

I must remind you that your sheets of clay should 100% be dried before using in your large dies (foam backed) so that your pieces don't get gummed into the crevice vortex.

Start rolling half of your 120g package of Terra Cotta clay into your machine starting with your largest setting (#1) and slowly working the clay to the eventual #3 setting. Do this repeatedly using 1/2 package of the Glow in the Dark (so it's big enough) and a 1/4 package of the other colors..same process.   Let all rolled clay dry 24 hours.  Die cut shapes.

Use Floral push mold to create leaves from green clays.  

Now I could have made some groovy curlies with my Ultimate Clay Extruder™ but the scissors were handy and they worked great. But as I said..if perfection is on the menu..The Ultimate Clay Extruder™ seriously cannot be beat. We'll get into my unnatural obsession with that in another post ;)

Use circle punches to punch pieces for eyes.  
Add shading to pumpkins with chalk inks. 

Assemble your pumpkin and mount to your card with Beacon® Tacky Glue. 

I want to thank you for coming by today and seeing all the fun projects that the Design Team and myself love sharing with you!

1 comment:

Pat Krauchune said...

Wicked cool card Amanda!

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *