Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Note Holder by Kim Hale


Note Holder
Designed by Kim Hale 

I purchased the acrylic frame from the dollar store to make this nice little note holder!  When I just have them on my desk they tend to get lost (I think hubby takes them instead of getting a new package out) so having a holder makes them easy to find (husband does not want the holder). 
 
Materials:

Makin's Clay® - White, Neon Orange, Yellow, Light Adobe from Earth Tones, Grape Leaf from    
                            Vineyard Tones 
                         - Cutting Mat
                         - Roller 
                         - Borders push mold 
                         - Leaves push mold 
Beacon™ Tacky Glue
Acrylic frame 
Pearlex powder 
Guilders paste 
FolkArt Acrylic Paint - Wrought Iron 

Instructions:

Since Halloween is coming up I was thinking of candy corn! To start the project I decided to make a
Skinner blend in orange, yellow, and white.  (Numerous how-to videos and instructions on how to create a Skinner blend can be found online).  Since I had the bright colors left from another project I decided to blend Light Adobe clay from the Earth Tones set with the neon orange to tone it down a bit.  Then I made a Skinner blend with the white, yellow and blended orange to make my background.  Using the frame for a template I cut the blend a little larger than the frame on the sides.  I left the rough edges at the top and bottom to give something for the border to hold on to.  
 
Next I used the Grape Leaf clay with the Borders push mold to make a nice leaves edge around the frame.  I found the borders were just a little short so got out my Leaves push mold and made a few leaves to add to the corners, making a few extra for background.   Then I rolled some of the Grape Leaf green clay thin and cut some 1 inch squares to make the letters. I did add little Pearlex powder to make the project sparkle a little!  I let all of this dry for 24 hours.  To make the letters pop I used FolkArt acrylic paint in “Wrought Iron”,  adding some to the leaves as well to make them more defined.  I decided to add guilders paste to the edges of the letters and on the border a bit.  

After putting the parts together I thought the background was a bit stark so I added a little guilders paste on the that as well.  Happy with everything I glued to letters and extra leaves in place with Beacon Tacky Glue!  Now I have a pretty little note holder!

The great thing about using Makin’s Clay® is that it plays well with other mediums and gives you lots of flexibility when creating your own project!
 

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *