Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Patriotic Earrings & Flag Suncatcher by Kim Hale


Patriotic Earrings & Flag Suncatcher
Designed by Kim Hale

I have made a cute little pair of earrings this month to celebrate the 4th of July!  I also am working on a flag sun-catcher and it is almost complete!  

Materials: 

Makin's Clay® - Red, White, Blue 
                         - Ultimate Clay Machine™
                         - Ultimate Clay Extruder™
                         - Texture Sheet Set 
                         - Star Cutter Set 
                         - Cutting Mat 
Beacon® Tacky Glue
Pledge/Future Floor Wax 
Seed Beads
Earring Wires
Jewelry Pliers 

Instructions:

I started off by opening the three colors of clay, red, white and blue of course!

I used the Ultimate Clay Machine™ to roll out all three colors to a number 4. 

Then I textured the clay using the “waves” texture sheet. 

I used the star cutters to cut the large white star that I used as the base of the earrings.  I then found a real small star cutter to make the smaller ones.  

After the stars were dry I glued them to the front and back of the white star with Beacon® Tacky Glue.   Then finished them with a little Pledge/Future floor wax to give a little shine. 
I wanted to add a little bling so I wired them with a few beads.  Gotta’ love the sparkle!
I just love the Makin’s Professional™ Ultimate Clay Extruder™, so while I was in the Holiday spirit
I thought I would make a sun-catcher.  After extruding the red and white clay (using the medium square disk)  I cut out a piece of blue to add to the flag.  I let everything dry and then added the stars to the blue field.  I just have to find the perfect dangles to add to the bottom now!






Kim Hale
Counselor, Artist, Teacher

Change your thoughts, change your life!

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *