Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Celebrate Spring Card by Steph Ackerman

Celebrate Spring Card
Designed by Steph Ackerman 

Good morning everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a card that uses some fun Makin's Clay® products.  Nothing screams spring more than flowers and bees so I created this fun card.  I first stamped the card base repeatedly with a Spring stamp, then added color with paints and inks.

Supplies:

Makin's Clay® - Terra Cotta, Brown, Yellow clay
                         -  Floral push mold
                         - Texture Sheet - Set A
                         - Clay roller & cutter set

Unity Stamp
Clearsnap Inks
Hero Arts Stamps
EKSuccess Punch
Cheery Lynn Trellis Die

Instructions:

For the pathway, I mixed both terra cotta and brown clays.   Using the Makin's Clay® Roller, I rolled the  clay out till it reached the desired thickness.

Makin's Clay® makes some fun texture sheets.  I used one of the texture sheets from Set A on the clay and used the roller to impress the design into the clay.
Next, I cut clay into several pieces using the Clay Cutter.

Combining yellow and brown clays, I also used the roller to roll the clay out thinly.
I tried using a Spellbinders die to cut a bumblebee shape from fresh rolled clay, but it didn't work as planned.  I really should have waited until the clay was dry.  (TIP - Roll Makin's Clay® very thin, allow to dry fully, then it can be die cut in almost any manual die cutting machine).   
With the same clay, I used another texture sheet and the roller.  Then I cut it to fit the roof of my stamped house.  
I added color to the house with the Clearsnap Smooch Accent Ink then fussy cut it.  A trellis was placed behind the house and they were added to the card above the pathway.  I created                                                                             roses and leaves using the Florals Push Mold with purple and green clays.  I then adhered the roses and leaves to the trellis.   A small ball of clay was used for the door handle.  I took the die cut bumble bee and molded it into a butterfly inserting it amongst the flowers.  
A simple sentiment was added to the card.  The beautiful thing about using Makin's Clay® is that it is light weight and adds almost no weight to the card.  It does add texture, though, so a bubble envelope should be used to keep the clay elements in place.  Better yet, why not just hand the card to that special someone. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *