Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

A Teacup for Mom by Martha Lucia Gomez

TEA CUP FOR YOUHi everyone, I am very excited to be here with you with my first project with Makin's Clay®. I am Martha Lucia from Stampartpapel and I love to make creations with different materials. For today I prepared a Tea Cup especially 4 YOU or for Mom! I used a clear glass cup that I found in IKEA for only 69 cents!!! This is perfect for tea lovers like my Mom, because they can see the beautiful colors of the herbs and at the same time it allows me to decorate it however I want.   Seal your clay with a water resistant sealer and be sure to gently hand wash your beautiful mug to be sure it will last for many cups of tea!










  Materials:
Instructions:

The first thing that I made was the belt that goes around of my cup. For this I used the white color that comes with the Multi Color package. I shaped the belt using the Roller & Cutters Set. TEA CUP FOR YOU TEA CUP FOR YOU

TEA CUP FOR YOU
The size of the belt is a little bigger of the diameter of the cup because it has to cover the handle too. This depends of the design of your cup. I cut mine using a T ruler as guide. After I finished the belt I created a texture over it using one of the sheets that come on the Makin's Clay® Texture Sheets Set A. Then I pasted this belt around the cup using a Beacon Quick Grip Permanent Adhesive. You will note in these photos that the belt doesn't cover the handle completely, this is because I want to decorate this part too. TEA CUP FOR YOU
TEA CUP FOR YOU

To finalize the decoration of the belt I used the Brown tone include in the Makin's Clay® Earth Tones and one of the flowers included in the Makin's Clay® Flower Cutter Set. I let dry it for 24 hours.

















TEA CUP FOR YOUFor me it was very difficult to choose the colors of my decorations because Makin's Clay® has the most complete line of colors that you can combine to create your own tones if you use the Makin's Clay® Clay Mixing Ruler. This tool includes a complete guide that you can use to create your color combinations. I started with the Red and Yellow that comes on the Multi Color Package.
The hard part is selecting the colors. You only have to decide the tone and mix the color the colors with your hands to use it on your designs or you can add more of a specific color if you want. For the flowers I used always the same colors in different amounts and the Makin's Clay® Flower Push Mold. I let dry it for 24 hours.  
TEA CUP FOR YOUTEA CUP FOR YOU
 Here you can see all the flowers and letters that I used in my project.   TEA CUP FOR YOU
I pasted the flowers and the letters using the Beacon Quick Grip Permanent Adhesive, because this is clear and easy to clean and use.  Apply a clear water proof sealer to your clay to ensure your decorations will last.

Inside of the cup I put a little bag with some tea bags and I used the letters to decorate a tag for this bag. To align the letter on the tag I used the KellyCraft™ Get-It-Straight Laser Square.
TEA CUP FOR YOU 
TEA CUP FOR YOU Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope my project inspired you to use Makin's Clay® products. They are amazing and I am pretty sure that your creativity won't have any limits!!! See you soon! Martha Lucia

No comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *