Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Altered Clock by Steph Ackerman

ALTERED CLOCK 
Designed by Steph Ackerman 
Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with my newest post for Makin's Clay® and I've got a fun altered clock to share with you today.

Supplies:

Makin's Clay® - White, Black, Red, Green
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
Makin's Clay® Roller and Cutter Set
Beacon Adhesives - 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
Unity Stamp
Spellbinders® dies
Paint

Instructions:

My inspiration for this project was the Spellbinder's Eiffel Tower die.  I am hoping to travel to France within the next year so this this project sits on my desk reminding me of the adventure that is to come.

Since I wanted to use the Eiffel Tower die, I first mixed black and white clays together.  I love the marbeling effect on the clay

Using the Clay Roller, I rolled out the clay until it was very thin.  (You can also use the Ultimate Clay Machine® to achieve the same effect.)  I placed the clay between 2 layers of waxed paper, placed the die on top of the wax paper then ran it through my die cut machine.  Due to the intricate detailing of the die, the wax paper allowed the die to be easily removed from the clay.  It just takes a little patience to remove the wax paper from the die cut elements.  (Note:  While this technique does work, we normally recommend you let Makin's Clay® dry before die cutting to help prevent any clay being left in your dies or machine).
I also wanted a picket fence so I rolled out white clay, placed it between 2 layers of waxed paper and
ran it through my die cut machine. 
I mixed green and white clays together so I could create some leaves.  I then die cut the leaves in the same manner as the Eiffel Tower. 
Because I rolled the clay very thin, the details in the leaves really shows.  To highlight those details I lightly painted on several colors to emphasize those details.  
I cut travel paper to fit the back of the clock then adhered the Eiffel Tower to the background.   A paper tag was added regarding the journey.  A Unity stamp was stamped on a wood tag which was added above the paper tag. 
The clock was painted with assorted colors of  paint.  The flowers were created by mixing red and white clays together.  After rolling out the clay, assorted sized flowers were die cut in the same manner as the Eiffel Tower, then lightly painted.  The flowers were layered with leaves and placed with the fence across the clock.  Larger flowers and leaves were added to the top of the clock. 
I love that I can use all my favorite dies with Makin's Clay®.   What will you create today?


Steph

1 comment:

Pat Krauchune said...

La la tick tock I like your clock! Cool Steph.

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *